cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Sheet Actions Not Working

We are trying to set up an action on sheet to 'select values in a field' - the action should be that when the sheet is opened the current 'Month-Year' is selected from the MonthYear field - but it does not currently work.

We are using the formula Date(Today(),'MMM-YYYY') to find today's Month-Year, this returns the value 'Mar-2021', and we can see that we have a value of 'Mar-2021' in our MonthYear field. When we close the app and reopen, or just navigate away from the sheet and then back to it, the selection is not applied.

We have tried replacing the formula with a hard-coded text string  of 'Mar-2021' and this also does not work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue in SaaS?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

12 Replies
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

The easiest would be to add a filter pane, select the value you want from there, and check in the browser devtools > "Network" tab, filter on WS to find the websocket, then go in the websocket "Messages" tab and search for "select", you should be able to find the exact format it's using to select the value.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Just winding up this thread.......

I managed to get this to work by setting the value that i wanted to select from the MonthYear field as:

=Date(Date#(varCurrentMonthYear,'MMM-YYYY'))

Where varCurrentMonthYear is a text string set in the script 'Jun-2021'.

So I have to tell Qlik that the text string 'Jun-2021' is a date in order for it to select that value from the MonthYear field - that's fine and makes sense to me.

I have tested this in a button and it works fine, so I can only assume it will work as a sheet action.

What I still do not understand is why I can't set the value as:

=Date(Today(),'MMM-YYYY')

This expression serves up the exact same date of  'Jun-2021' to Qlik, and Qlik knows it's a date because I've wrapped it in a 'Date' function.

Can anyone explain why this doesn't work?

Skashid
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

Greeting of the day !!

I had a query around the same topic for the sheet action 'select values in field' so I have specified the values for the field and the action is getting triggered for the sheet too but the action is also getting applied to other sheets in the application as well.

So my query is if the action is for the particular sheet how other sheets are getting affected by that action.

Please help me to understand.

Thanks in advance 😊