Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheet object level security

hi,

I'm trying to implement a sheet level security where users only with a specific custom property have access to a specific sheet in an application. The idea is that I create a custom security rule for the resource.type 'App.Object' and set a condition if the resource.objecttype = 'sheet' to check the user custom property and the sheet name. (just like I found it in this thread Sheet level Section Access in Qlik Sense ??

It works perfect for the given application but in case of other applications this security check is not relevant. Which means that in this new custom rule I would like to add an additional condition to check the app name and run this condition check only for the given app.

I found in the documentation that I can reference the app by the 'app.name' attribute but it does not work.

Does anybody know how to check the application name in the security rule if the resource.type = 'App.Object'?

(in this case you can not use the 'resource.name' attribute because it references the sheet name and not the app name)

thanks a lot

Gyorgy

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this document helps: Sheet or App Object Level Security Qlik Sense

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

For the benefit of others, you can reference the application but you have to use the 'resource.app.name' attribute.

I tried it only as 'app.name' and that's why it did not work.