Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Sheets not visible after applying security rule to hide apps

Hi guys,

I was trying to Hide an App from a stream for one of the user who has access to it and i was successfull in it. but the issue now i am facing is that , those who have access to the App which is hidden for a particular user are not able to see any thing inside the app. It shows blank when they open the Apps. but the Owner of the app is able to see the sheets inside it. 

I have followed all the instructions in the video from below link. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feSaaJZ7Jco

I can see lot of persons asking the same question in the comments section but cannot find anything in community. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

You are correct. It seems that there is a typo in the video.

You should use App* and not App_* as the resource filter. In fact, if you check the default rule "Stream" that you are supposed to disable, you will see that this one also use App*.

The difference between App* and App_* is that App* include the application as well as its sub-elements such as AppObject while App_* only include the application itself. 

Some more information here.

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

You are correct. It seems that there is a typo in the video.

You should use App* and not App_* as the resource filter. In fact, if you check the default rule "Stream" that you are supposed to disable, you will see that this one also use App*.

The difference between App* and App_* is that App* include the application as well as its sub-elements such as AppObject while App_* only include the application itself. 

Some more information here.

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @Bastien_Laugiero

It worked.