Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobgen69
Contributor II
Contributor II

Show datamodel in published apps

Hi,

i would like to change the security settings in QlikSenseServer to give a specific usergroup or for example root and content admins the access on the datamodel in published apps.

Does anyone know how to do this or has already implemented this?

I know that by general this is not intended by the security settings of Qlik but i think this would be a big benefit in understanding the database when using an app which is not yours. The way to duplicate the app and then take a look at the datamodel is no option.

Thanks

15 Replies
tobgen69
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sabine,

it definitly does!

Thanks again for that great solution and for sharing it with the community.

Best regards

Tobi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sabine,

i think you meant :

Condition: user.roles="DataModelReader"

Are you sure a user can not change anything? I could change the design, for example by adding an object.

I could not change the load script, but i saw it.

Better would be if we can define a rule just for the datamodel only with the action read.

This solution is to risky as other user can change the app object.

I am using the newest Qlik Sense Version 3.1 SR4

Regards!

shubham_singh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Sabine,

Your method of providing data model and script access of published app works like a charm however it has a small problem that when I assigned the role to myself I could see all the unpublished app in My Work including those of different owners. It would be nice if I could see only those app in My Work that are owned by me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sabine,

In your method, User can change the app information. Application name/title. Any security rule to keep this app information always hidden for Edit / disable the edit option for app information to published app for users ?

dominik1
Contributor
Contributor

one thing, the condition is user.roles and not user.role

federerman
Contributor III
Contributor III

The solution posted is not ideal as it gives end users the ability to update/edit the app name and description from the hub.  This could cause other security rules to break.