Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deec
Creator
Creator

Spoofing DOMAIN with Virtual Proxy

I'm new to LDAP/AD material, so I'm probably using all the wrong terminology. Unfortunately, even after spending hours looking into this topic, it is quite broad. To compound the issue, I have no access whatsoever to any configuration for our corporate domain.

To the best of my understanding, our domain looks like

ad.company.net (forest)

-EAST.ad.company.net (I've heard people call these subdirectories, ldap groups, domains)

-WEST.ad.company.net

user shows up as EAST\ABCDE123, WEST\XYZ3243, etc...

The issue I am facing is the need to capture the user's DOMAIN for the purpose of Section Access. If the userid field must be DOMAIN\ID from the windows login, then I have to know these for each user.

When individuals request access to my dashboards, they do so through a portal. Their ID is captured in the process and stored in a SQL table. Unfortunately, we are unable to capture their DOMAIN automatically. We will probably have to rely on them filling it in, but a lot of people won't know their DOMAIN even from a pull-down list of 5 possible options.

Is there any way to continue to use Windows authentication for the automatic log-on into the Hub, but somehow spoof their DOMAIN to be the same? 

I thought the Virtal Proxy could be set up so that all users look like the same domain (i.e. SPOOF\ABCDE123, SPOOF\XYZ3243, ...)

Labels (3)
0 Replies