cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mingsum214
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Sync User from Local server to VM in Cloud platform

I create computer instance (window server) on Google cloud platform and install Qliksense Enterprise in it already.

I can created AD user in the cloud VM. However, I want to try if there are any method to sync user from a local server, so I can ensure user account in both server (Local and cloud-based) is same and prevent modifying both server when there are user changes.

My idea is to create a user directory connection pointing to the local server AD. However, I dont know if it is possible to do it and how to apply in the enviroment.

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Vincenzo_Esposito

We it comes to talk about the user directory and the accesso to the system,  you need to consider two different security mechanism.

1) Authentication (the way the system identify users)

2) Authorization (the way the system allows  users to perform actions on the system)

You can access from GCP to your on-prem AD (you need to open ports for that) and import users usign a standerd UDC. But you can't use the integrated Windows Authentication to log your users in. For that you need to create a custom authentiacation method.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense_Dep...