Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Troubles after upgrade QLIK Sense September 2017 release to November 2017 release

Hello,

I make an Upgrade from QLIK Sense September 2017 release (qliksenseserver 11.14.3) to November 2017 release. The Upgrade works without error, but after upgrade I get no connection to my QLIK Sense server. The services are started. OS is Windows 2012R2.

I found some hints in the forum for my error messages about a bad MACHINE.CONFIG, but the MACHINE.CONFIG is clean.

I try the update twice with and without Patch 1of November 2017 release. Same result.

Any ideas what’s going wrong? September 2017 release was running perfect.

System_Proxy:

When contacting https://localhost:4242/            No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:4242↓Unable to connect to the remote server      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult

Could not contact local repository to retrieve local server node configuration   No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:4242↓Unable to connect to the remote server             at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult

Server_Proxy:

Command=Open connection;Result=-2146233079;ResultText=Error: Unable to connect to the remote server                0             0             0             INTERNAL           sa_proxy             0             Not available     Proxy    Not available     Not available              Open connection            -2146233079      Web exception when contacting service uri https://localhost:4242/ Command=Configure proxy;Result=-2146233079;ResultText=Error: Unable to connect to the remote server  0             0             0             INTERNAL           sa_proxy             0             Not available     Proxy    Not available                Not available     Configure proxy              -2146233079      Could not contact local repository to retrieve proxy service settings               

System_Repository:

Fatal exception Aktualisieren oder Löschen in Tabelle »CompositeEvents« verletzt Fremdschlüssel-Constraint »FK_CompositeEventTimeConstraints_CompositeEvents_ID« von Tabelle »CompositeEventTimeConstraints«↓Failed to execute query: 'DELETE FROM "CompositeEvents" WHERE "Deleted" = true'. Exception: Aktualisieren oder Löschen in Tabelle »CompositeEvents« verletzt Fremdschlüssel-Constraint »FK_CompositeEventTimeConstraints_CompositeEvents_ID« von Tabelle »CompositeEventTimeConstraints«

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EmmaC
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dirk,

Could you manage to sort this error? I am getting the same after I restored the repository to November release.

Many Thanks

Mohamad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, unfortunately no solution. I'm still working on the September release and I'm waiting for the next release and I hope this will work.

EmmaC
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I had the same problem! I got this tip from qlik support:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deploy...

It worked!!!

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Dirk,

Have you applied any Qlik patches to you September release? If so, you should uninstall these first.

Programs and Features > View Installed updates > uninstall any Sense Updates.

Then attempt you upgrade again.

Best Regards

Andy

Check this out from the TechSpert session last week: STT - Keeping Your Qlik Sense Installation Current

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This link helped to sovlve the troubles.

Many Thanks

Failed to remove soft deleted records ‒ Qlik Sense

gorthiqlik
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense November 2017 Patch 2 Resolved the issue with the soft deleted records issue.

Soft deleted records cause upgrade failures Jira issue ID: HLP-1135 Description: When upgrading Qlik Sense to November 2017 or later, the installation fails and you get an error message stating that the removal of soft deleted records failed. The database command time out has been set to 30 minutes. If failure does occur, see documentation for further instructions: http://help.qlik.com/enUS/sense/November2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deploym... shooting-soft-deletes-not-removed.htm

We encountered this issue when upgraded from 3.2 SR4 to November 2017 release,But resolved automatically after applying the November 2017 Patch 2 release.

tcarolus
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Made my day, Thank you!