Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
consenit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Unable to access QMC and HUB after clean installation.

Hi all.

I just performed a clean Qlik Sense June 2017 installation completed without errors, and all services are started. The Windows login used to start the services has local administrative privileges and the firewall is disabled. However when I tried to access the QMC to licence the server I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED errors. Checking the proxy server logs I see multiple instances of "Web exception when contacting service uri https://localhost:4242/" errors. I searched the forums and found a suggestion to add "EnableIPv6Support=0 in the Settings.ini file" but I found no such file anywhere on the disk.

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Ernesto.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ernesto,

I installed this version on Windows 2012 R2 Server and had some issues, the first of which is what you have reported. Based on other posts in this forum, I used 'netstat -a' and was able to determine that nothing was listening on port 443.

I then found an error logged in c:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository that allowed me to solve my problem. In this case, I'd forgotten to share out the folder that Qlik Sense uses.

This may be totally different to your situation but using netstat and the log file was sufficient for me to diagnose.

Regards,

Neil

consenit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Neil.

That's it! I had shared the resource during the install but forgot to assign writing permissions to the Windows login running the services.

Thank you very much, I was close to start pulling my hair out over this issue.

Kind regards,

Ernesto.

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Mark Neil Fraiser answer as The Answer (it happened the same to one of my installazions).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You will have to check the system repository logs from c:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository and check whether repository service has been started successfully.

Check the ports by the command netstat -anob>a.txt and then again a.txt on same command prompt and see what all services listed to which ports

Regards,

Ujjawal