Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterVanOers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrade QS June 2018 keeps failing

I'm tryng to upgrade my QS server to June 2018 but it keeps failing on the Service Dispatcher with the error:

Product: Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher -- Installation failed.

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher. Product Version: 12.26.1. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: QlikTech International AB. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Then it does a roll back en the enviroment is not working anymore. But I'm using snapshot so I can revert to the previous situation.

Tried several paths, with and without anitvirus. Switched license number (this is a test enivroment with a test license). With and without the latest security fixes. Even upgraded succesfully from April (12.16.1) to April (12.16.2) en installed the April patch (12.16.3).

But the upgrade to June 2018 (12.26.1) keeps failing.

The server is a Windows 2012 R2, virtual enviroment.

Someone an idea causing this?


Tnx Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterVanOers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The solution for this is the password of the postgresql user qliksenserepository. When it contains special characters the installation or upgrade will fail with the 1603 error on installing the dispatcher.

This is a bug and will be fixed the a future release.

Work a round-> change the password to one without special characters.

Tnx to support of Qlik.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Are you attempting a silent installation? In that case you probably just miss the last installation parameters added in June installation.

If it wasn’t a silent installation have a check the .NET version, need to be 4.5.2 o higher.

PeterVanOers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vicenzo,

It's no silent installation. And 4.5.2 is installed.

Before upgrading to June the upgrades to April worked fine.

I'm still puzzeling.....

Peter.

Vincenzo_Esposito

When you launched the installer package, did you right click on it and choosed "Run as Administrator"?

PeterVanOers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

I've tried this also. No luck.

Peter.

PeterVanOers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Stil struggling with QS June 2018.

I took a snapshot and cleaned up the server (removed Qlik and deleted the files).

An installation of QS June 2018 is failing.

Reverted snapshot to the clean situation.

An installation of QS April 2018 succeeds.

Seems there a confict with the June version and Windows 2012 R2.

Has anyone the QS June 2018 running on a Windows 2012 R2 server?

Peter.

jeremyseipel
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Did you find a fix?  Running into this on my sandbox and 2 other servers.

I have upgraded multiple servers to June 2018 that are on Server 2012 R2 and had no issues on those.  Seems hit or miss.

PeterVanOers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI Jeremy,

Not yet. I started yesterday with a clean install of windows 2016 machine. Managed to restore QS from my other server.

Even then a upgrades fails.

Tried a clean install of QS April 2018 and then an upgrade to QS June 2018 and that also fails.

I'm just looking into it for this morning and I think I contact support on this issue.

Peter.

jeremyseipel
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I have a ticket open and and working with them on it.   At this point it doesn't sound like the dispatch team at qlik has encountered this issue.  They gave me a few potential things to try, but none worked. 

I think there is something extra that the dispatcher is doing now that it used to not do.  I found that the dispatcher msi is roughly twice the size of the old one.  Its the same way on another server that upgraded without issue though, so its not like the size is just on this one.

PeterVanOers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The solution for this is the password of the postgresql user qliksenserepository. When it contains special characters the installation or upgrade will fail with the 1603 error on installing the dispatcher.

This is a bug and will be fixed the a future release.

Work a round-> change the password to one without special characters.

Tnx to support of Qlik.