Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gorkisope
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade from v3.0 to February 2019, doubts

Hi,

I need to upgrade from version v3.0 to the actual (February 2019) version of Qlik Sense.

Is it better if I first upgrade to version 3.2.4 and then do the upgrade to the last version? I've seen some people recommend doing that to avoid major problems Here.

I was planning to follow this guide: Upgrading to Qlik Sense June 2017 or later from Qlik Sense versions earlier than 3.1 SR2

Any recommendations overall?

Thanks,

Gorka

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gorkisope
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

We finally did the upgrade to QlikSense Feb 2019. But instead of using your method, we simply uninstalled and installed the new version. Then we imported everything and made the new conections. 

We tried the method you showed us but it didnt work for us.

Still, thank for your replies! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

I would strongly recommended going through 3.1.2, and moving to shared persistence during that upgrade. Then going at least through one intermediate version (late 2017/early 2018).

After each upgrade, please verify that everything is as it should before proceeding with the next step.

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

So if you are running QLik Sense 3.0, that means that you are still using the old Persistence Model (synchronized persistence)

So the guide you mentioned in the description is the correct one. 

In addition, you should go for a step upgrade so I would suggest:

• Upgrade from Qlik Sense 3.0 Synchronized Persistence to Qlik Sense 3.2.5 Shared Persistence.
  • Upgrade from Qlik Sense 3.2.5 to June 2017 or September 2017. (we have known issues when upgrading directly from Qlik Sense 3.2 or earlier to November 2018 and probably later) See https://support.qlik.com/articles/000062033
  • Upgrade then to February 2019

I would also suggest not to enable the Centralized Logging Database to reduce the risk of failure. You can then enable it afterward following: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000059077

Finally, please make sure to take a Qlik Sense backup before doing the upgrade following: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

And make sure to verify that QMC and HUB are working properly between each upgrade. 

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
gorkisope
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

We finally did the upgrade to QlikSense Feb 2019. But instead of using your method, we simply uninstalled and installed the new version. Then we imported everything and made the new conections. 

We tried the method you showed us but it didnt work for us.

Still, thank for your replies! Smiley Happy