Qlik Community

Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Announcements
IMPORTANT security patches for GeoAnalytics Server available to download: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrade from v3.0 to June 2017 - do i have to manually upgrade pgSQL 9.3 to pgSQL 9.6 or will the installation do this?

Hi all,

I am about to embark on step 12 - 'uninstall QlikSense' of the process for 'upgrading from versions prior to 3.1 to June 2017'.

Do I have to manually upgrade the windows server from postgreSQL 9.3 to postgreSQL 9.6 prior to uninstalling the old Qlik Sense version or will the installation do this for me automatically?

If I do have to do this postgreSQL upgrade manually, prior to removing the old version and installing the new one, does anyone have a procedure that has worked for them and resulted in a successful installation?

Any thoughts most appreciated,

Louise

14 Replies
pranav_n_patel
Creator
Creator

Sometimes that's the best approach .  Good Luck!  Let us know how it goes.

pranav_n_patel
Creator
Creator

Also, check the 'Service Cluster' page in the QMC under the Configure System section.  You might have to stop some services in order to make changes there.

betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For anyone who is interested in the resolution to this, I ended up just manually importing all the apps. I know it's not an ideal snazzy solution for those that don't manage to find a fast work around:- I opened the hub apps page, selected the column that shows the binary file name for each app so it showed. For each app, i copied the binary name, pasted it into the search box where the backup binary files were held to find the right one. I copied the relevant file that cmae back from the search and pasted it to a new folder.  I opened the hub, copied the meaningful name of the binary file and renamed the binary file with it. I also added a .qvf extension. I took a note of the files owner in the hub.  I then deleted the old unmigrated version of the app and imported the new version and reassigned the owner. Tests showed all working well. Voila. 

One issue was that I had to regenerate the operations and licence monitoring apps from the defaultapps folder as these did not work properly, however when I opened the apps they were not populated with historic data - i will have to look into this further but for the moment all else is ok.

The process sounds awful but to be honest once you get the system going it's grand. It's important to keep an excel log as you are going along so there is no confusion - it gets very very tedious. There were about 100 apps and it took me a day (and a few new sets of eyeballs) but done now.

betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Upgrading to 3.1.6 as a stepping stone also did the job

pranav_n_patel
Creator
Creator

Sounds painful.