Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngsg_sit
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading QlikSense and NPrinting Feb2018 with multi node setup

Hi,

Currently my QlikSense and NPrinting version is Feb 2018. I'm looking to upgrade to the latest version. The guide from below looks comprehensive enough for me. https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/Basic/Best-practice-Qlik-Sense-upgrade-steps-from-November-20...

However, my query is that as some of my nodes acts as load balancing / proxies. What is the ordered way to upgrade? My setup as follows:
App1 (Central Engine. Everything checked under Nodes -> Service Activation)

App2 (Engine only)

Web1 (proxy only)

Web2 (proxy only)

Is it App1, App2, Web1, Web2, NPrinting? or App1, Web1, App2, Web2?

Or as long App1 which is the Central Node, then no issue for the rest of the rims nodes?

Also one of the prerequisite is:
If you are on Qlik Sense prior to June 2018 version and running standalone database, please create QSMQ and SenseServices databases before upgrade. Please refer to the Installing and configuring PostgreSQL section of the Help site.

I'm not running on standalone PostgreSQL database (meaning installed by Qlik for first time to \Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6), do I still need to create QSMQ and SenseServices databases?, as mine is Feb 2018.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

If you are not running a standalone database, then the upgrade will be taking care of all the database work for you, and you don't need to carry out any extra steps for that. So, on that end you'll be fine.

As for the order of an upgrade: Since most of the services need to be shut down for the upgrade itself, all nodes should be considered offline, since they cannot work without the central node. Simply start with the central node and then upgrade your rim nodes (so anything that isn't the central) in any order that you wish. So, the order that you posted looks reasonable to me.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

If you are not running a standalone database, then the upgrade will be taking care of all the database work for you, and you don't need to carry out any extra steps for that. So, on that end you'll be fine.

As for the order of an upgrade: Since most of the services need to be shut down for the upgrade itself, all nodes should be considered offline, since they cannot work without the central node. Simply start with the central node and then upgrade your rim nodes (so anything that isn't the central) in any order that you wish. So, the order that you posted looks reasonable to me.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂