Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

User Directory Connector - Excel

Hi all,

I've an Excel containing the list of Qlik Sense users stored in a network shared folder. But I have problem with the setup the in QMC.

I try to use the connection string like below:-

DRIVER={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};DBQ=\\192.168.0.1\QSUsers\QS Users.xlsx

But I'm getting error:

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft Access database engine cannot open or write to the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.↵↓ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed↵↓ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft Access database engine cannot open or write to the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.↵↓Exception when trying to connect to the data source. Edit the connection string in the user directory connector configuration

Is the network path method supported?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Finally manage to get it to work! Its due to the folder/file permission. It works after giving permission to the Qlik Sense service account.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KHSDM,

Based upon the error you provided it seems the correct driver isn't installed. Have a look at the Qlik Knowledgebase article Example for Qlik Sense to synchronize users and attributes from excel, which shows how to connect to an Excel file for the User Directory Connector.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi @Chip_Matejowsky  yup, checked, we have it installed. I also tried to load it from the local C drive, and it works. But it cannot work if it is loading from a network path (\\192.168.0.1) Not sure if the syntax/path that I'm using is correct.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KHSDM,

I just test this scenario in my lab and it worked as expected. Is there a particular reason why you're using IP address and not FQDN?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried with DRIVER={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};DBQ=\\machinename\QSUsers\QS Users.xlsx it doesnt work as well.

KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Finally manage to get it to work! Its due to the folder/file permission. It works after giving permission to the Qlik Sense service account.