Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nils_Schindler
Contributor II
Contributor II

User cannot see the Sheets he should be seeing according to Audit

Hello Everyone!

I have the problem, that a user can see some sheets in the app, to which he is not granted access in the security rules. 

When I audit the user access in the qmc, only the right sheets are marked for read access, so the rule actually seems to work and not be interrupted by other rules.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you in advance.

Nils

5 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

In the Audit section in the QMC, have you made sure to select "Only in hub" and not "Both in QMC and Hub"?

Thanks! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
Nils_Schindler
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Bastien,

yes I did.

Thanks for your reply.

Bastien_Laugiero

Great thank you! 

In that case this may require a deeper look at the security rules as perhaps what's listed in the Audit section does not accurately reflect the security rule setup. 

You could start by checking the security rules with filter: App*, App_*, App.Object*, App.Object_* and see if any could apply to the affected user.

Also can you confirm that you have disabled the default rule named "Stream"?

Thanks!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
Nils_Schindler
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, the default rule named "Stream" is disabled.

I cannot find any rule, that might affect what the users can see. It is also not only one user, every user is affected. Do you have any other idea?

Thank you!

Bastien_Laugiero

Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback!

At this point, I would suggest to log a support case to Support with a Qlik Sense Repository backup and User ID.

The support team will be able to determine if it is the result of a security rule or something else. 

Bastien Laugiero