Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Using Nprinting with NLB(Netscaler) as Proxy Address

Hello everyone,

We have a multi-node setup Qlik Sense env.(There are 2 Qlik proxy node).

Developers&End Users enters NLB address to reach Qlik Sense Hub, and NLB address forwards to 2 Qlik proxy node over netscaler.

On Nprinting Side 

Apps>Connections>Create Connection>Source = Qlik Sense > Proxy Address 

here we want to use NLB address instead of single Qlik Proxy node in order to achieve HA.

We set necessary forwardings on netscaler side. When we use NLB address as a proxy address i can get all verifications checked correct(Run verification)

But on Nprinting Designer i can get metadata of Qlik Snse App, but adding Qlik objects as a image is not working(adding as table is working fine). Its simply not generating Image of objects. Is there anyone else using Nprinting with this kind of architecture? Is Nprinting fetches images object to excel as a .jpeg or .png if it is so maybe its using any other port than 4747?

2 Replies
HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

I am wondering, how were you able to create the connection with certificate validation b/w Qlik Sense and NPrinting?

To my knowledge, we cannot export certificate from QMC of the DNS used which is redirecting to two Qlik Sense Nodes.

In other words, if I add the proxy address to be friendlyname.doman.com, NPrinting shows error: X Installed certificates are valid to connect to Qlik Sense.

What is the workaround here?

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello there,

You can export certificate as a DNS name it should work. AFAIK any name would work you can export as a gibberishname.domain.com as long as you put the client.pfx under C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates and restart the Nprinting Service. (you do not install the certificate on nprinting server)

If none of this works you can try to export name as <YourCentralNodeName.Domain> and move it specified folder on nprinting server . Its worked on our environments.

Good Luck&have a nice day