Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinodpallath
Contributor
Contributor

Which log do i use to get the App ID ?

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate Log data in a dashboard, however unable to get the App details for the same.

We are Planning to get the data related to "Field" and "Selection" from Engine\Trace\Traffic_Engine.log

Basically trying to find the selections made in a filed by a user in an app.

However we are not able to find the AppID in the Log to correlate.

Is there a way we can get the AppID mapped from any of the other logs (Based on SessionID or Id in the log)?

If yes which is the key that i am supposed to use for the same?

Also is there a place where i can get the details regarding how to use each logs and which field has to be used as keys?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vinod

Labels (1)
  • Other

3 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @vinodpallath 

I assume you are using Qlik Sense Enterprise and sharing the below posts which can help:

I hope this helps!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
vinodpallath
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for the reply.

The solution that i am looking for is to find a way to map all the appID or AppName which is not present in the Engine\Trace\Traffic_Engine.log.

I see that these logs have "SessionID", "ProxySessionID","id", not sure how to find a way to map the AppID from other logs.

The log has thousands of line items, is there a ways i can get appid to all thousand line item (Could be multiple Apps related to it).

So that it would be easy to identify the root as in 

User -> AppID -> Filed -> Selection

Thanks and regards,

Vinod

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Moving this  thread from QlikView forum to Qlik Sense forum to get better visibility.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!