Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micsim123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Wrong link to upgrade Qlik Sense Desktop

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my Qlik Sense Desktop, but when I click on the download page:

http://www.qlik.com/try-or-buy/download-qlik-sense

I’m directed to the Qlik View page:

http://us-b.demo.qlik.com/download/

Where I can only download Qlik View Personal Edition

Any ideas on how to get the right URL?

Best regards

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Thanks for that tip, Vincenzo.

Using this link, I am redirected to

2016-06-01 00_52_35-Qlik Sense Desktop _ Qlik.png

Again, I would need to re-register to download the software, even though I am logged in.

If this is the way you want it fine, but I think there should be a way to avoid this re-registering when being forced to upgrade the software I already registered for once.

But this page seems to be a little more clear than the other, since it does not ask me to log in again and redirect me to the wrong download page. So maybe it would be worth linking this page also within the QlikSense software upgrade notification and not the other landing page shown above.

Just suggesting this because there are repeating threads here in the forum with users being confused about how to download the software.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

The URL should be fine. Have a look on the top of the page you'll find a pills menu having different product family like QlikView, Qlik Sense, Connectors

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Vincenzo,

I think the problem is, if you follow the link, we'll be directed to

2016-05-30 19_23_11-Download Free Data Visualization Development Platform.png

and if I have already an account and follow the login link, I am directed to

2016-05-30 19_23_50-Software Download _ Qlik.com.png

where there is no possibility to download QlikSense.

I need to go back to the first page and re-enter my personal data in the form to be able to download QlikSense

(which is kind of a nuisance, and as far as often as I see these kind of posts in the forum, confusing the users who actually just follow the login link).

Is there anything you can do to allow just a login and download of QlikSense?

Best

Stefan

Vincenzo_Esposito

Never used that link. There is an alternative in case you are also a qlikcloud user. In that case, from QlikClud you can find the download button for the last Qlik Sense version in the upper right corner.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Thanks for that tip, Vincenzo.

Using this link, I am redirected to

2016-06-01 00_52_35-Qlik Sense Desktop _ Qlik.png

Again, I would need to re-register to download the software, even though I am logged in.

If this is the way you want it fine, but I think there should be a way to avoid this re-registering when being forced to upgrade the software I already registered for once.

But this page seems to be a little more clear than the other, since it does not ask me to log in again and redirect me to the wrong download page. So maybe it would be worth linking this page also within the QlikSense software upgrade notification and not the other landing page shown above.

Just suggesting this because there are repeating threads here in the forum with users being confused about how to download the software.

Regards,

Stefan