Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator

button show/hide

Hi All,

I have a requirement as below.

There are three buttons.

Button1

Button2

Button3

Each button has set of questions in a text box. 

when i click on Button1, only the button1 questions need to display in the text box.

when i click on button2 , only the button2 questions need to display below in the text box. similarly for button 3. 

and when i click on button 2 , button1 questions need to hide. 

how do i achieve this ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @srujanaponnuru ,

I'm going to run through the steps you can follow to achieve your requirements. It works using variables and the container object that allows you to show/hide objects based on conditions. The good thing about this is that your questions occupy the same space in your app which saves space on the canvas:

1: Create 3 variables in the variables viewer (vButton1, vButton2, vButton3) and assign them the value of zero as numeric (0) for FALSE.

2: Add the first button to your sheet and name it.

3: In the "Actions and navigation" property choose the action "Set variable value" and choose the first variable (vButton1)

4: In the "Value" section, open the fx and add =NOT(vButton1) (This will change the variable value from 0 to -1 and back again each time it is pushed)

5: Add two more "Set variable value" for vButton2 and vButton3 and the values for these are set to 0 (zero). This hard codes button 2 and button 3 back to 0 and hides them as per your requirement.

6: Copy and paste the button so you don't need to go through this again. Change the names for button 2 and 3. Change around the logic so pushing button 2 will assign vButton2 to =NOT(vButton2) and hard code vButton1 to 0.

7: Do the same for button 3. (Setting vButton1 and vButton2 to 0)

8: Add a container object to your canvas and take your 3 question text boxes and put them in the container. The container allows for show/hide based on conditions. This is where you can set your variable values to TRUE/FALSE based the button pushed.

9: In the properties of the container object on question 1 add: =vButton1 = -1. Repeat for questions 2 and 3 with vButton2 and vButton3

The result will be like below example

anthonyj_0-1649048592020.png

anthonyj_1-1649048622757.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Anthony

View solution in original post

2 Replies
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @srujanaponnuru ,

I'm going to run through the steps you can follow to achieve your requirements. It works using variables and the container object that allows you to show/hide objects based on conditions. The good thing about this is that your questions occupy the same space in your app which saves space on the canvas:

1: Create 3 variables in the variables viewer (vButton1, vButton2, vButton3) and assign them the value of zero as numeric (0) for FALSE.

2: Add the first button to your sheet and name it.

3: In the "Actions and navigation" property choose the action "Set variable value" and choose the first variable (vButton1)

4: In the "Value" section, open the fx and add =NOT(vButton1) (This will change the variable value from 0 to -1 and back again each time it is pushed)

5: Add two more "Set variable value" for vButton2 and vButton3 and the values for these are set to 0 (zero). This hard codes button 2 and button 3 back to 0 and hides them as per your requirement.

6: Copy and paste the button so you don't need to go through this again. Change the names for button 2 and 3. Change around the logic so pushing button 2 will assign vButton2 to =NOT(vButton2) and hard code vButton1 to 0.

7: Do the same for button 3. (Setting vButton1 and vButton2 to 0)

8: Add a container object to your canvas and take your 3 question text boxes and put them in the container. The container allows for show/hide based on conditions. This is where you can set your variable values to TRUE/FALSE based the button pushed.

9: In the properties of the container object on question 1 add: =vButton1 = -1. Repeat for questions 2 and 3 with vButton2 and vButton3

The result will be like below example

anthonyj_0-1649048592020.png

anthonyj_1-1649048622757.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Anthony

srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Anthony. It worked.