Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jio
Contributor III
Contributor III

cannot access the hub from the RIM node.

Hi Everyone,

I have a question.

We have a Central node s1 and a rim node R1.

Both are configured as failover.

When we stop the services on the central node , except the 'QlikSenseRepositoryDatabase' & 'QlikSenseRepositoryService'

We can access the QMC from the RIM node without any problems.

But when we try to connect to the hub from the R1 {http://R1.fqdn.nl/hub} we got the following error: "You cannot access Qlik Sense because you have no access pass"

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanxs to all your response.

At least i got it working. the problem was that the systems doesn't have an internet connection.

The solution was to configure the License.parameter in the of the Service Dispatcher 'services.conf ' file. and add the options -offline

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Qlik_Administrator_Dude
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

With the assumption you have included the Engine Service to the RIM node, a few possible issues come to mind here. They all have to do with the Virtual Proxy. 

There are a few pieces of the virtual proxy that need to be configured: 

1. You need to create the "Prefix" in your case it seems it is blank. If the prefix was 'Rim' for instance, your URL would change to [http://R1.fqdn.nl/Rim/hub]. Ensure you are using the correct 'Prefix' for the virtual proxy. 

2. In the Virtual Proxy, you need to 'White List' URLs by adding them to 'Allowed Hosts'. Be sure the 'IP', 'DNS Name', 'Certificate Name' (including Subject Alternative Names), and FQDN is added here.

3.  Ensure the RIM node was added to the 'Load Balancing' for the Virtual Proxy. 

Qlik_Administrator_Dude_0-1652455417650.png

Qlik_Administrator_Dude_1-1652455434503.png

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Jio ,

If using a SLK ensure all nodes have connectivity to the License server if using a proxy.

Configuring a proxy for Qlik License Service communication in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows ‒ Qli...

1. Restart the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher.
  2. If you have a multi-node installation, repeat these steps for all the nodes in your installation.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Jio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Albert,

We don't have any proxy servers and all the nodes are on the same subnet.

we are using offline license because we do not want to connected to the internet.

Qlik_Administrator_Dude
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Jio 

I wanted to encourage you to check this link out. It is a little older, but it says that the White List was the problem. I listed above how to check it. Go to the RIM Node and ensure the White List is filled out the same as the Central Node. 

Why does the hub deny I have an access pass? - Page 3 - Qlik Community - 959645

Also, the Repository Database is accessible when you do this right? I was reading the part where you wrote '...except the 'QlikSenseRepositoryDatabase' & 'QlikSenseRepositoryService'. I think you need the Qlik Sense Repository Database and the Qlik Sense Repository Service. If you turn these on does the error go away? 

Could you explain why these services didn't kick over?

Thanks 

Jio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanxs to all your response.

At least i got it working. the problem was that the systems doesn't have an internet connection.

The solution was to configure the License.parameter in the of the Service Dispatcher 'services.conf ' file. and add the options -offline

Albert_Candelario

Excellent. Yes, if using offline that needs to be added as per Qlik Licensing Service: Offline Activation - YouTube

check 3min 55seconds point, although it recommend to check the full video 🙂

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer