Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgarigan
Contributor II
Contributor II

iframe issue

Hello,

i'm facing one issue with my iframe..i have qliksense application and i took one object from it and embedded in sample html .

I deployed the sample html page in iis server .

I can able to access the html page with in the server and also i can able to see the qliksense object with in server browser.

where as the same html page when accessed from outside the server network I could only see the html content like headings and paragraph. but we couldn't able to see the iframe object with in the html page.

the iframe mentioned below :

<iframe height="300px" width="100%" src='https://win-uilgt4YXCCVV/single/?appid=21c5b05e-2e8e-4064-b54f-d18d24aa6421&obj=1af0d076-cc37-4256-9...' style='border:none;width:100%;height:100%;'></iframe>

I think that the server name iframe3.png)is couldn't able to authenticate by qliksense when accessed from outside server network.

There is also another situation that my qliksense hub and qmc can be accessed with ipaddress where as not when using with server name(win-uilgt4YXCCVV).

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Suresh.

Suresh
Labels (6)
6 Replies
ganapati_h
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Hi Suresh,

Add the server name in the  host white list in virtual proxy so that it becomes accessible with server name.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/edit-v...

Regards,
Ganapati

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your server is not known to the rest of the internet, only within your internal network. You need to use a fully qualified domain name and that name has to exist in the DNS server that serves as the 'address book' for your domain.

What your doing now is like telling a company to deliver a package to your house in 3rd street without telling that company the complete address of the house including things like city, state, country, postal code.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sgarigan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ganapathi,

thanks for your reply.

We added the host name (win-uilgt4YXCCVV)in the white list however we couldn't able to access the iframe.

My Qliksense server is in AWS .We don't have internal network with AWS. So, It is like we are accessing from home wifi network.so should we able to buy domain with hostname which is server name or should we have a VPN to get into network?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Suresh

Suresh
sgarigan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi  

Suresh
ganapati_h

Hi Suresh,

To the best of my knowledge, server in AWS can be in public cloud or it can be in VPC(virtual private cloud).

If you server in public cloud, AWS give you a external domain and temporary IP. In this scenario you an either use the external domain(add it to while list again) or you and associate your server to a static IP and then map a domain(e.g bi.suresh.com to that IP.  bi.suresh.com in this case should be added to white list).  AWS also gives firewall. You will have to ensure that port 443 is open on that to access QS.

If its in VPC, you will need to connect to VPN and then you can access Qlik Sense with url https://win-uilgt4YXCCVV/hub)

Hope this helps. If this resolves then iframe too should be taken care of.

Regards,
GH

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Just buying a domain name isn't enough. You also need a DNS server (i.e. an internet address book) for your domain. Often a company selling domains can take care of that and you tell them to add the ip address of your server in their dns server so traffic for your domain gets pointed to your server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand