Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkitamura
Contributor II
Contributor II

is it ok to delete files copied during migration from synchronized to shared persistence?

Following these directions:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deployment...

Per the directions, I *copied* the following directories to a new location to migrate from synchronized to shared persistence:

ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps

ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Archived Logs

ProgramData\Qlik\Custom Data

ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data

ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\AppContent

ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Content

ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\DefaultContent

ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions

ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\DefaultApps

I assume it's perfectly safe to delete the files & folders I copied over, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else did the same and had problems with their Qlik install.  I'm worried that, after deleting the old folders, things might seem fine but they're really not.

Also, I am wondering if I could go even further and delete everything in \ProgramData\Qlik, not just the stuff I copied over.

Thanik you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

it's ok to delete the paths that I was instructed to copy to the new QlikShare folder?

Yes,if you copy them to the shared path its ok to delete the files in the old folder.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can delete ONLY the paths that are descrived in the help.

No you cant delete all ProgramData\Qlik because the system is still using other files

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

rkitamura
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for taking the time to respond!  Do you mean that there's a help page that describes which paths can be deleted, or that it's ok to delete the paths that I was instructed to copy to the new QlikShare folder?

herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

it's ok to delete the paths that I was instructed to copy to the new QlikShare folder?

Yes,if you copy them to the shared path its ok to delete the files in the old folder.

Regards