Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shrankhla1195
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

on which platform ODAG and Dynamic View can be installed? On premise or Saas?

Hi,

Can anyone help me out on which platform ODAG and Dynamic View can be installed? On premise or SaaS?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Best Regards,

Shrankhla

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hi @Shrankhla1195 

Dynamic views and On Demand Apps can be deployed in both client-managed and SaaS products:

In either case, the apps run in Qlik Sense, and you have the option of connecting directly to your target data source(s), or loading from flat files.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hi @Shrankhla1195 

Dynamic views and On Demand Apps can be deployed in both client-managed and SaaS products:

In either case, the apps run in Qlik Sense, and you have the option of connecting directly to your target data source(s), or loading from flat files.

Shrankhla1195
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the reply @DaveChannon.

And what about direct query feature is that also on both or only on SaaS?

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hey @Shrankhla1195 

Direct query is only in Qlik Cloud (see https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Innovation/Direct-Query-now-available-in-Qlik-Sense-SaaS/ba-p/...for more).

In our client-managed products we still have the legacy direct discovery capability (which although it has a command named "direct query", isn't related to the Cloud capability), more info here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DirectDiscovery/acce... 

Shrankhla1195
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

thank you @DaveChannon for the reply, I would like to know if you can help with one more query with dynamic load and ODAG -

With the help of reload button on the dynamic view charts and reload button in the ODAG app, can I get real time data just by clicking those Reload buttons?

or i need to have my qvd refreshed for that as well? Or those will be making a direct connection with my source by clicking on reload button?

Or
MVP
MVP

Data will be as up to date as whatever your source connection is. If your source is up to date in real time, the app will pull that information in real time (as of the reload time). If your source is a QVD updated by another app, a materialized view, or some other source that is not updated in real time, you will get the information that it contains as of the reload time.

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Yep, as @Or says, it's your choice.

ODAG and dynamic views use template apps - so it's your choice which data source you target that app against, giving you the flexibility to use a different source to the base app. No issues using your scheduled reload QVDs for the base app, and a direct connect to the database for those ODAG apps/ dynamic view charts.

Shrankhla1195
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@DaveChannon @Or  and if i want to have real time data without refreshing the qvds then i have to directly connect it with db? because i want to have near real time data and qvds will be refreshed twice daily but i want the data to be near real time so i will directly make connection with db (db will have real time data) and create dynamic view and when i click on chart in dynamic view reload button i will be able to retrieve the real time data. Is my understanding correct ? 

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Yep, exactly.

I'll try to outline the components:

• Base app - loading from QVDs, so bulk of data will be reloaded twice daily and most analytics in the app will be based on this slightly older data
  • Template app - loading from database, so latest data returned on each reload, which will provide data for objects using dynamic views on demand

The base app will use the template app to provide data for your dynamic view object.

Shrankhla1195
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

this is just so helpful @DaveChannon i really appreciate your help and guidance, I think i got it now. Many many thanks 😊