cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hope_AA
Contributor III
Contributor III

setting a variable with set analysis in back end code

I'm trying to add the function below as a variable to my code instead of master measure but it keeps giving me errors. I tried breaking it up and using the variables but it's still not working. Can anyone help me?

sum(aggr(count({<Rprtd_Flag={'Y'}>} Distinct UniqueKey),[Service Date]))

thanks a lot..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

It's probably not liking the single quotes in your set analysis {'Y'}.  You need to break it up and use chr(39) instead.

= 'sum(aggr(count({<Rprtd_Flag={' &chr(39) &'Y' &chr(39) &'}>} Distinct UniqueKey),[Service Date]))'

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gui_Approbato
Creator III
Creator III

I think you're missing some parenthesis or so ( assuming that Y is your variable)..

Try : 

sum(aggr(count({<Rprtd_Flag={'$(Y)'}>} Distinct UniqueKey),[Service Date]))

or

sum(aggr(count({<Rprtd_Flag={'$(=Y)'}>} Distinct UniqueKey),[Service Date]))

sunny_talwar

What error do you get?

Hope_AA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Unexpected Token....

see below

sunny_talwar

Oh, you are trying to store this expression into a variable within the script? May be try SET like this

SET Cnt_All_Unique = Sum(Aggr(Count({<Rprtd_Flag = {'Y'}>} DISTINCT UniqueKey), [Service Date]));
Hope_AA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

sorry maybe I didn't explain well but yes, that's the whole code for this part which is still creating the same error.

SET Cnt_All_Unique = Sum(Aggr(Count({<Rprtd_Flag = {'Y'}>} DISTINCT UniqueKey), [Service Date]));
let Cnt_All_Unique= $(Cnt_All_Unique);

squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

It's probably not liking the single quotes in your set analysis {'Y'}.  You need to break it up and use chr(39) instead.

= 'sum(aggr(count({<Rprtd_Flag={' &chr(39) &'Y' &chr(39) &'}>} Distinct UniqueKey),[Service Date]))'

Hope_AA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That was it... thank you so much.

Really appreciate all your help both of you.