Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FPrat1597843225
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can't publish a "Snapshot" in Nexus artifact repository

Hi,

I'm able to publish jobs like "Release" but unable to publish jobs like "Snapshot" in my Nexus Artifact Repository.

When I try to publish like "Snapshot" it returns the attached error message.

Anyone can help me?

I'm using Talend 7.3.1 and Nexus 3.19.1-01

Thx

Labels (4)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using any custom component in your jobs? Uploaded to nexus custom-libraries folder?

Here exists a jira issue: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-26212

Let us know if it is what you are looking for.

Sabrina

FPrat1597843225
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sabrina,

No, I want to publish a test job without custom components.

Thx

tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II

You may try increasing the timeout setting on your nexus. Go to capabilities/ui settings/settings on your Nexus and trying pushing up the 'Standard request timeout'.

tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II

One other important reason I could think of is, the user you are using to Publish to Nexus may be missing the 'nx-repository-admin-maven2-snapshots-*' privilege. Go to Nexus/Security/Roles and check if the user has this privilege assigned assigned. I am sure, your user is missing the privilege

FPrat1597843225
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, thank you tnewbie.

I can't increase the 'Standard request timeout', it is fixed at 60 seconds and when I try to increase it, it returns "A database error occurred".

About the user to publish to Nexus, I'm using the "admin" user, which has the role "nx-admin". I also tried to assign the role "talend-custom-libs-admin" to the admin user after adding 'nx-repository-admin-maven2-snapshots-*' privilege to this role. But the result is the same I attatched in my first post.

I still can't publish jobs as snapshot.

tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II

I can't think of any other reason why you can't publish a snapshot. If possible please share your nexus user role assignment screen shot

FPrat1597843225
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I tried adding all the privilleges to the admin user, like attatched screenshot, but same result:

0695b00000DwCsSAAV.png 

Thx

tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I still feel that you are missing on the roles and privileges. What you are showing me is the userID<--> Role mapping. In addition you can create a role "publish_to_releases_snapshots" and assign the following privileges : nx-repository-admin-maven2-releases-*, nx-repository-admin-maven2-snapshots-* and add that role to your userID