Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Deploying ESB Route Containing Job

I am evaluating Talend ESB Open Studio 7.1.1.  I have built and deployed several routes that use only route components with no problems.  However, I have built a route that contains a cTalendJob component that links to a job in my repository.  I can run and test the route in the Studio with no problem.  When I try to deploy to the ESB run time though I see the error below in the logs.  I have tried deploying my job to the run time as an OSGI Bundle and then retried deploying the route to run time but the same error occurs.  Can anyone assist?  

2019-06-18T12:53:54,793 | WARN  | fileinstall-/opt/TALENDESB/Runtime_ESBSE/container/deploy | araf.kar.internal.KarServiceImpl  297 | 109 - org.apache.karaf.kar.core - 4.1.6 | Unable to install Kar feature InventoryAdjustment_route-feature/0.1.0
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error:
	Unable to create resource for bundle mvn:org.example.local_project.job/InventoryAdjustment_route_InventoryAdjustment_job/0.1.0
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager$MavenDownloader.<init>(MavenDownloadManager.java:84) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager.createDownloader(MavenDownloadManager.java:72) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:375) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:372) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:187) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:291) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1248) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$1(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1147) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
	Suppressed: java.lang.Exception: Unable to create resource for bundle mvn:org.example.local_project.job/InventoryAdjustment_route_InventoryAdjustment_job/0.1.0
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.createResource(Subsystem.java:612) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem$1.downloaded(Subsystem.java:402) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager$MavenDownloader$1.operationComplete(MavenDownloadManager.java:133) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager$MavenDownloader$1.operationComplete(MavenDownloadManager.java:127) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.DefaultFuture.notifyListener(DefaultFuture.java:350) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.DefaultFuture.addListener(DefaultFuture.java:299) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager$MavenDownloader.download(MavenDownloadManager.java:127) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:399) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:372) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:187) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:291) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1248) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$1(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1147) ~[?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
	Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to build resource for mvn:org.example.local_project.job/InventoryAdjustment_route_InventoryAdjustment_job/0.1.0: Unsupported 'Bundle-ManifestVersion' value: 1
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.resolver.ResourceBuilder.build(ResourceBuilder.java:80) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.resolver.ResourceBuilder.build(ResourceBuilder.java:69) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.createResource(Subsystem.java:610) ~[?:?]
		... 16 more
	Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unsupported 'Bundle-ManifestVersion' value: 1
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.resolver.ResourceBuilder.doBuild(ResourceBuilder.java:88) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.resolver.ResourceBuilder.build(ResourceBuilder.java:78) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.resolver.ResourceBuilder.build(ResourceBuilder.java:69) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.createResource(Subsystem.java:610) ~[?:?]
		... 16 more
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is no longer an issue for me.  Unfortunately I don't really know how to really fix the problem I was having.  The way I did fix it is more of work around in my opinion.  I completely removed my ESB runtime directory and got a new on from the TOS ESB install zip.  By doing this, the same route unchanged deploys without error.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is no longer an issue for me.  Unfortunately I don't really know how to really fix the problem I was having.  The way I did fix it is more of work around in my opinion.  I completely removed my ESB runtime directory and got a new on from the TOS ESB install zip.  By doing this, the same route unchanged deploys without error.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, there is another solution?
Pruaudel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have the same issue with our Runtime ESB 7.2.1...

dleerob
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

The problem is that the job you point to is built as standalone instead of OSGi Bundle.

In the job that your cTalendJob component points to, open it up and go to the Job tab (very far left one), and under there click on the "Deployment" sub tab. Then change the Build Type field from "standalone" to "OSGi Bundle" and save the job.

Re-publish your Route and then redeploy it (you may need to increase versions of job and route in case your ESB maven repository doesn't retrieve the new publish from the Nexus repository as you have already deployed that version).

Kudos to Talend Support team for helping me out with this one.