Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

File delimited metadata files not being processed in Management Console

Hi. I'm very new to Talend, and have just started looking at scheduling jobs to run.

I have a particular job that reads in a series of CSV files, saved as "File delimited" in the Metadata section of the repository, and creates the contents as tables in a target database.

Here's a quick example:

0683p000009M6BT.png

When run in Talend Studio, this jobs works fine.  The tables get created and are populated with the data from the CSV files.

However, when I publish to the cloud and run this using the remote engine through the Management Console, the job is reported as having run successfully, but the tables are empty. So the job is not actually completing successfully at all. 

Am I missing something here?  Can File Delimited files be used in this way in the Management Console?

Thanks

Steve

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina.

I have figured this one out now.  I was unaware that you had to manually upload the resource files to the cloud before they can be used.  I assumed when you published a job to the cloud that it uploaded all the dependencies of the job.  Clearly not, and to be honest, a bit of a pain.

I have also noticed that if I upload a new version of a resource in place of an existing one in the cloud, it disassociates itself with task parameters for some reason.  Have made a note to ensure I check this in the future too.

Thanks

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are your job uses the resource file when it is deployed and run in the cloud?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina.

I have figured this one out now.  I was unaware that you had to manually upload the resource files to the cloud before they can be used.  I assumed when you published a job to the cloud that it uploaded all the dependencies of the job.  Clearly not, and to be honest, a bit of a pain.

I have also noticed that if I upload a new version of a resource in place of an existing one in the cloud, it disassociates itself with task parameters for some reason.  Have made a note to ensure I check this in the future too.

Thanks

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know it.

Feel free to create work item jira issue for your suggestion.

Best regards

Sabrina