Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Safus
Creator
Creator

Job2Docker : How to reach local file sytem from Docker image

Hi,

I have followed the official tutorial of Talend/job2Docker : https://github.com/Talend/job2docker.

The HelloWord example works good (although the project has a bug - it does not allow Capitalized letters in job name) but this is not the question.

When I dockerized a more complex job, where I have to reach some files in my local file system. It does not work.

On the Talend Console the job perfectly works, and I know that it is an issue with how to mount the dockers volumes.

And this is my test job :

0695b00000Dt3TcAAJ.png

When I run my docker :

"/data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER/start.txt" is not reachable and the job stops running.

Do you know how to fix that ?

Best Regards,

Safus

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Safus
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I found the solution and I put it here in case it interests someone else :

You should mount the volume when running the docker like this :

docker run -v /data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER:/data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER safus/jobtest:0.1

Best regards,

Safus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Safus
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I found the solution and I put it here in case it interests someone else :

You should mount the volume when running the docker like this :

docker run -v /data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER:/data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER safus/jobtest:0.1

Best regards,

Safus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know you've resolved this issue by yourself and sharing solution with us on community.

Best regards

Sabrina