Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c0utta
Creator
Creator

Talend Cloud Context Connection Parameters with Routes

I have been successfully using Talend Cloud Context Parameters for connections within my jobs on Talend Cloud.

Recently I have been testing routes where cTimer calls cTalendJob - nothing else is in the route.

I want to use connection parameters within the Talend job, but it appears I have to define them both in the route (so I can choose them when I create a task for the route on TMC) AND the Talend job.  I then need to choose "Use Route Context" in the cTalendJob.

Is this the correct method, or am I missing something?

Labels (4)
1 Reply
c0utta
Creator
Creator
Author

Since I got no response to this post I continued on with my own testing of calling cTalendJob with a route.

I eventually found the documentation, but it took me a while to realise that I needed to deploy database drivers to the runtime.  Too much management for a one person IT team.

I figure a simpler way is to use the "Talend Cloud Management Console Public API" calling a task via a cREST component instead of cTalendJob.

Does anyone see a problem with this approach?