Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What need to be installed on server to deploy and run a job?

I recently research to use Talend products and I have practice on some basic Talend job and I need to deploy it to run on a server.

I have read documents about Talend, but still confuse about some terminologies Talend Runtime, Job Server, Talend ESB

Could anyone help me know which one I need to install to my server? And please give me the place to download it.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Talend job server and command line features are available in talend subscription solution not open source.

Here is online data integration product matrix page:https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration-compare-all/ 

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are? Talend Runtime (based on Apache Karaf, ESB) is an execution container in which you can deploy and execute all your Jobs stored on your Git or SVN repository.

Talend JobServer is an application that allows a system installed on the same network as Talend Administration Center to declare itself as an execution server. These systems must obviously have a working JVM.

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I am using Talend DI version 7.
Is it mean that there is 2 options to run the jobs on server:
- install Talend Job Server with Talend Administrator Center ( JVM like JRE is required)
- Install Apache Karaf and install Talend Runtime on it ( could you share some link or document to do this?)
Am I right?

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

It depends on your purchased product solution(license). You will get both job server and talend runtime server in Talend Administrator Center, if you are using talend ESB subscription solution.

With talend DI solution, you have to install Talend Job Server with Talend Administrator Center.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Is Job Server free? And can I only install Job Server and deploy the jobs by command line without Talend Administrator Center?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Talend job server and command line features are available in talend subscription solution not open source.

Here is online data integration product matrix page:https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration-compare-all/ 

Best regards

Sabrina