Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattE
Creator II
Creator II

Can you use ActiveMQ with Talend Cloud?

Hi,

I've installed and used ActiveMQ in the past with the on premise version of Talend but I'm wondering if it's possible to use it with Talend Cloud? If it is, how do you get the software intalled on your cloud environment? All the posts i can find relate to the on premise version of Talend.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would not install it on Talend Cloud. Talend Cloud comes with the ability to run remote engines anywhere you like. These remote engines communicate with Talend Cloud. This means that you can sit the remote engines behind firewalls and as long as they can communicate out to Talend Cloud, they can do their job. The communication does not need to be two way. The remote engines are used to run jobs in different locations (on premises, AWS, Azure, etc, etc). Given your requirement, you would set up your remote engine in a location with access to your Active MQ.

Alternatively, you could set your ActiveMQ up in a public location that Talend Cloud has access to.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would not install it on Talend Cloud. Talend Cloud comes with the ability to run remote engines anywhere you like. These remote engines communicate with Talend Cloud. This means that you can sit the remote engines behind firewalls and as long as they can communicate out to Talend Cloud, they can do their job. The communication does not need to be two way. The remote engines are used to run jobs in different locations (on premises, AWS, Azure, etc, etc). Given your requirement, you would set up your remote engine in a location with access to your Active MQ.

Alternatively, you could set your ActiveMQ up in a public location that Talend Cloud has access to.