Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting Talend on Amazon Athena

Hi, I'm using AWS Athena services but I can't connect on Talend. I't seems I need a s3_staging_dir property to be set on Talend. But, how can I do this?

The connection tutorial on amazon is this following link: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/athena/latest/ug/connect-with-jdbc.html

The error screen is attached.

Thanks a lot,

Andre Sevilha

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found a solution that worked for me:

As part of the JDBC URL, we need to add the s3_staging_Dir as shown in blue below (not the "?" needs to be prefixed before the s3_staging_dir):

"jdbc:awsathena://athena.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:443?s3_staging_dir=s3://aws-athena-query-results-xxxxxx-us-east-1/"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andre, Were you able to find a solution for this ? I am getting the same error and I see there is no advanced properties or connection properties to enter the s3_staging_dir and the corresponding s3 bucket name.

[FATAL]: sr_reservation_client_pull_0_1.SR_Reservation_Client_Pull - tJDBCInput_1 property s3_staging_dir must be set
Exception in component tJDBCInput_1
java.sql.SQLException: property s3_staging_dir must be set

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found a solution that worked for me:

As part of the JDBC URL, we need to add the s3_staging_Dir as shown in blue below (not the "?" needs to be prefixed before the s3_staging_dir):

"jdbc:awsathena://athena.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:443?s3_staging_dir=s3://aws-athena-query-results-xxxxxx-us-east-1/"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a Lot!!! It worked!!!

0683p000009MACJ.png

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Could you please show me how you connect to Athena and its process ?