Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjblau
Contributor
Contributor

Current status of interaction with Facebook Insight components

I was searching around and I saw that there was a Facebook Insights connector for Talend,  but it doesn't look like there are any new posts on/about it in the last 4 years. Is it still supported by anyone? Does it still work with current versions of Talend the Facebook API? Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks,

Frank

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

I have not personally tried the FB connector component. Are you telling about any custom component in Talend exchange?

You should be able to connect to the APIs using generic connectors in Talend like tRest. Another method is to write the API connectivity using SDKs through routine method. I have created sample in this way for connecting AWS APIs (link below).

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Talend-and-Amazon-Translate-Integration/ta-p/...

If you are using Talend Cloud product, there is a brand new concept called API Designer and Tester where you can design your own APIs. So it all depends on how you want to use it. But from Talend side it is possible as long as you are having right authorizations to read the data.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

I have not personally tried the FB connector component. Are you telling about any custom component in Talend exchange?

You should be able to connect to the APIs using generic connectors in Talend like tRest. Another method is to write the API connectivity using SDKs through routine method. I have created sample in this way for connecting AWS APIs (link below).

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Talend-and-Amazon-Translate-Integration/ta-p/...

If you are using Talend Cloud product, there is a brand new concept called API Designer and Tester where you can design your own APIs. So it all depends on how you want to use it. But from Talend side it is possible as long as you are having right authorizations to read the data.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

fjblau
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks..I guess I was hoping there was something pre-baked.... but those are good suggestions too!

Frank