Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayur2
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to use Between in On Operator in tMap for Date_Ranges (between source and lookup)

Hi Team,

I have a scenario :

1. Select * from A

inner join B on A.Code = B.Code and A.Date Between B.From_Date and B.To_Date

I tried the expression at lookup side , somehow I am getting error, may be I am making some syntax issue.

I am unable to achieve this can you please assist.

As a turn around, i tried

2..Select * from A

inner join B on A.Code = B.Code

where A.Date Between B.From_Date and B.To_Date

This i am able to achieve in Expression inside Tmap at output side,

Here the issue is I am filtering the records after join , ideally I need to operate it on ON condition.

Please assist.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The tMap expression should use Java syntax, it does not allow SQL operator between ... in. My idea is to do inner join based on A.Code = B.Code on tMap, select all fields of A and B.From_Date and B.To_Date in the output table, add a filter expression in the output table on tMap or filter the data using tFilterRow.

Regards

Shong

TCalabro1652773885
Contributor
Contributor

I'm confronting the particular issue. Did You sort out some technique for looking out for this, expecting this is the case will you share the methodology?

MyFordBenefits.Com

Mayur2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, Inside tmap : The expression you set on Left side will act as AND clause while expressions you set on right side would act as where clause