Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

REST request on remote engine

I have created an API using API designer and Talend Studio 7.2.1.

When this job is started from the Talend Studio and the request is made through a web browser (or Postman) a response is received correctly.
When this job is published to the cloud on my remote engine (own laptop) the service is seen when checking http://127.0.0.1:8040/services. The WADL response is also correct with the propper endpoint listed.

However when the REST services is called from a browser (or Postman) the response is: 

org/talend/transform/runtime/common/MapExecutorFactory

Is there a solution to this problem? 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arjun_x_nair
Contributor II
Contributor II

FYI ... The customer support team helped out with the issue...

The error org/talend/transform/runtime/common/MapExecutorFactory is due to not enabling mapping services on a remote talend runtime engine ... on a local machine the services are enabled by default

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reaching out to Talend Support.

*Could you connect to your Runtime using 'client' script (client.bat for Windows) which is located in <Runtime>/bin folder, then send output of the following karaf command:

feature:list | grep -i talend-data-mapper

*If it's not installed, you can run feature:install talend-data-mapper, then check feature:list | grep -i talend-data-mapper.

*You will be seeing both the features talend-data-mapper and talend-data-mapper-dependencies should be in started state.

------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you have a try to change 127.0.0.1 to IP address? Let me know if it works?

Regards
Shong
arjun_x_nair
Contributor II
Contributor II

Any answer on this ? its something to do with "tHmap" component on talend runtime

gjeremy1617088143

Hi, can you send an example of call from the browser, cause if you use the localhost ip it can 't work as @Shicong Hong​ said, you have to use the ip of the remote host,

cause you call it on your machine not the remote host.

Send me Love and kudos

arjun_x_nair
Contributor II
Contributor II

FYI ... The customer support team helped out with the issue...

The error org/talend/transform/runtime/common/MapExecutorFactory is due to not enabling mapping services on a remote talend runtime engine ... on a local machine the services are enabled by default

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reaching out to Talend Support.

*Could you connect to your Runtime using 'client' script (client.bat for Windows) which is located in <Runtime>/bin folder, then send output of the following karaf command:

feature:list | grep -i talend-data-mapper

*If it's not installed, you can run feature:install talend-data-mapper, then check feature:list | grep -i talend-data-mapper.

*You will be seeing both the features talend-data-mapper and talend-data-mapper-dependencies should be in started state.

------------------------------------------------------------------