Skip to main content
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you haven't yet heard, Qlik recently released 3 open source software projects, now available for use and open to contributions!

enigma.js

enigma.js is a framework that communicates with Qlik Sense backend services. The Rest Service allows communication with Qlik REST APIs, while the Qix Service allows communication with the Qix Engine. enigma.js is now my preferred method for communicating with Qlik Sense backend services, and if you're a developer that works with javascript, I strongly suggest you check it out.

leonardo-ui

leonardo-ui is a UI component library that has a Qlik Sense look and feel. It works well with popular CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation. Using leonardo-ui can speed up your UI development process, and keeps styles in sync with other Qlik Sense assets.

after-work.js

after-work.js is a unified testing framework capable of performing unit, component, integration, and end-to-end tests. It is the testing framework used by enigma.js and leonardo-ui.

Contributing

You can contribute to any of the Qlik open source projects. Each project has its own contribution guidelines, linked below.

Contributing to enigma.js

Contributing to leonardo-ui

Contributing to after-work.js

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting new capabilities here

ameer_hakme
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Very interesting!!

Do you think Qlik will provide more in-depth guidance on how to use after-work.js to load test an end to end solution?

Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

That's a good question, but I don't have a definitive answer, sorry.

0 Likes
josecardenas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Francis

Can you give me technical pre-requisites details? Some one like:

• NodeJs version
  • Npm version
  • AngularJs version

Thanks,

Jose

0 Likes
celindho
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

after-work.js seems like a really interesting framework for testing extensions. Has anybody seen any live examples on how to actually use v2 in a real setting?

BR,

-Christian

0 Likes