Skip to main content
MattSmart
Employee
Employee

A brief overview of the Qlik Management Console and the different sections within. 

While working on a project last month, I was introduced to the Qlik Management Console and was amazed at the number of settings contained within the console. Being new to the Qlik Community, my eyes were opened to just how much control this menu can give to a user. With this discovery, I sought to learn more about the Qlik Management Console to further educate myself and assist others in learning just how much control you have over your Qlik account so you can make sure that everything is running just how you would like it.

The Qlik management Console is quite expansive, and far too much to go over in just one blog entry. For now, let’s begin with the basics in this entry with a quick overview of the Console. Don’t worry, we’ll be going further in depth in future entries.

The Console is divided into four categories:

Governance- This is where permission and account-wide preferences can be chosen. Here you can view and allocate your users, view and edit subscriptions, see what has been scheduled, explore upcoming events alerts, and manage spaces.

matt122438_0-1656076449675.png

Content- As the title suggests, this is where you’d find the settings for your content contained within your account. You can view every App throughout the account, the data that has been uploaded, automations that have been set up, the extensions that have been integrated into the account as well as the themes that have been created or uploaded.   

matt122438_1-1656076449692.png

Integration- This section handles security for anything outside of Qlik that you are bringing into the environment of Qlik Cloud. This section is for making sure authorizations are on the up and up. Here you can monitor your API keys to check for any suspicious activity. This section would be used frequently if you are developing apps that connect to your Qlik tenant.

matt122438_2-1656076449715.png

Configuration- In this section you’ll find your settings for your Qlik account with a wealth of options, too many to number in a quick overview. You can also manage your identity providers for logging into the Qlik tenant. Additionally, this is where you would set up a Fort if you would rather bring Qlik Cloud to your data.

matt122438_3-1656076449731.png

Please note that this is only a quick preview of the Qlik Management Console. In upcoming blog posts, we’ll go through each category, looking at each option and how you can use them to get the most out of Qlik Cloud.

2 Comments
Chernov
Creator
Creator

Good job!

Can i test it ?

GeorgeSavu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @MattSmart   ,

Maybe it would be helpful to mention that this is the QMC for the SAAS product , and not the on premise one

BR,

George