Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

QlikView App: Export Chart and Sheet to an Image File

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QlikView App: Export Chart and Sheet to an Image File

Last Update:

May 29, 2013 5:55:54 PM

Updated By:

stevedark

Created date:

May 29, 2013 5:55:54 PM

Attachments

This example shows how to call a macro that saves image files for a selected sheet and chart to a specified location on reload.

The saved images could then be published via a web site or Wall Board, for example.

This QlikView was written in response to a post in the QlikView UK user group.

For other tutorial apps you can download and use, please see:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-examples/

Hope you find this app useful.

Steve Dark

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/

Comments
Not applicable

Hello Steve, Actually I am exporting images from report using macro. Its working fine. But I want to export this image when report is publish/schedule on qlikview management console. It means I want to call macro when report is publish/schedule. Can you please advice? Thanks Dipak

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Dipak,

Unfortunately macros will not fire correctly when run from QMC.  Your best bet is to schedule a reload that runs from a batch file (calling qv.exe with a /r parameter) which will cause the batch file to run.  It's a shame that macros don't fire the same from QMC as they do from the command line - but there it is, you just have to work around it.

Steve

Not applicable

Hi Steve, Thank you very much for this reply. Dipak

Not applicable

Hi All,

Just a quick question in the reverse direction. Is it possible to export a chart from EXCEL to QLIKVIEW?

I suppose this is not a place ask this question yet awaiting answers for the same.

Thanks.,

Sam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Import the underlying data and create the graph/chart in QlikView.

If it is just a static chart, never changing, you can of course import it as an image.

Kind regards

Niklas

Not applicable

Hi Niklas,

Niklas Hedborg wrote:

Import the underlying data and create the graph/chart in QlikView.

If it is just a static chart, never changing, you can of course import it as an image.

Kind regards

Niklas

Thanks for your input.

But thats the answer I am looking for. How to import a Excel chart as image to Qlikview file?

Thanks

Samuel

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Samuel,

I don't know about the Excel side, but I suspect you could record a macro to save a chart to an image file and then use that to write out the file.

Showing a single image is as simple as adding a Text Object to the sheet and then putting the full path to the file (c:\folder\myimage.png or \\server\folder\myimage.png) in the text box.  You then simply need to change the Representation to Image and set the Image Stretch properties.

If you want a number of images, or to have them in a dynamic location, you can use a list box and/or derive the path to the image in the expression.  Good luck!

Steve

Not applicable

Hi Steve,

Thats a very good idea. That really rang a bell.

Let me try that out and let you know the results.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Samuel

arbernardez
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi!

great idea to create a plain web reporting site

thank you very much!

Alberto Rodríguez

Not applicable

Hi, Steve - This is a great example. However, when I opened your sample project and click the button. There is no response. The version I used is QV 11.

By chance, do you know why? Thanks.

Version history
Last update:
‎2013-05-29 05:55 PM
Updated by: