Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yhj53
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

store QVD files in QlikSense using the "Hot," "Warm," and "Cold" data storage

Hello,

I would like to inquire whether it is possible to store QVD files in QlikSense using the "Hot," "Warm," and "Cold" data storage approach.

Since not all collected data is necessarily used, I am interested in enhancing query performance by configuring disks in a composite manner rather than relying solely on SATA disks. Could you please confirm if this approach is supported in QlikSense?

• 'Hot' data: Actively used data requiring high-performance access
  • 'Warm' data: Data that is accessed frequently only for a certain period
  • 'Cold' data: Inactive data that is rarely or never accessed

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP

There should be no issue saving QVDs to three different locations (and reading them from three different locations). Unless your QVDs are very large or they aren't read in an optimized manner, you won't likely see any major changes to performance, since an optimized read from a QVD is quite fast in the first place.

Insofar as which file goes where, you'd probably need to supply that logic on your own. I don't think Qlik tracks how often QVDs are read other than in each app's individual reload log, though there may be other ways to track this that I'm not familiar with.