Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drawing a n(n is positive number) miles radius circle around each bubble in Qlikview bubble layer

Hi Everyone,

I am using Qlikview v11 and have a requirement to draw a circle (unit is Miles and number will be entered through an Input box) around each bubble in bubble layer which i am using to show my Sales value across United States.

The reason behind plotting this circle is to get all the location come under that particular area.

I believe there is no such functionality in Qlikview Geo analytics . Can somebody please help me out.

Regards,

Priyamvada

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Priyamvada,

Don't know if you already found a solution, but maybe you can use this workaround.

When you use the LAT and LNG of the location, you can calculate the distance between other LAT and LNG points.

You can download the geo files, GeoNames, which includes postal code and LAT & LNG points for almost every country and create a file like this in excel:

Capture.JPG

Hereby the calculation you should use in Excel to calculate the distance in between both GEO (LAT & LNG) points.

=(ACOS(SIN(E3*PI()/180)*SIN(C3*PI()/180)+COS(E3*PI()/180)*COS(C3*PI()/180)*COS((F3-D3)*PI()/180)))/PI()*20000