Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashwin_r
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with include in auto zoom in Qlik Geo-analytics

Hi,

Greetings for the Day!!!

I am using a area layer and a bubble layer above the area layer and I had disabled the selection option in the bubble layer

So here my area layer should zoom or un-zoom whenever i select or deselect  the states from area layer respectively and my bubble layer should not zoom

Note: I had disabled include in auto zoom option of bubble layer even though it gets zoomed some or the other time.

Is their any other property that i had missed...

Thanks,

Ashwin.R

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ashwin,

When you select a shape in your area layer, is that area associated with the data that makes up your point layer? That is, does selecting the shape restrict the possible selections in your point layer? If so then it will automatically zoom to the selection. This isn't because of something you are doing in the Geoanalytics extension, it is because of the way the Qlik associative engine and model works (and is supposed to work). If you want the behaviour you have described you would need to un-associate the data behind the shape and point layers, perhaps by creating an orphan table for your point layer.

Cheers,

Rod

ashwin_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rod,

Yes, has u said the data which is used in both the layers are from the same table.

And I had also disabled its selection property and Include in auto Zoom property.

I had used those bubble layers for labels to show the values through SVG image link.

Is their any other way that i can use to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Ashwin.R

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ashwin,

Sure, another way around this is to use set analysis in the measure associated with the layer that you don't want to behave in the default manner. for example, say you have a measure expression of "sum(point_measure)" and your point_measure is being restricted through your selection of an area measure. If you use a set analysis expression that means it ignores selections you should be fine. In relation to the example I've used this would like " sum({1} point_measure)"

Cheers,

Rod