Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matsa
Creator
Creator

Managing Resolution of Geo Analytics with slider

Hello Experts, 

Is there any way for managing resolution of geoAnalytics with slider?( In Qlikview)

I tried to create two sliders( one from 1.2 to 5000) and another one from ( 5000 to 79000) with two variables( v-GeoMin  and v_GeoMax ) and I put these variables in 'Zoom In Res.Limit' and 'Zoom Out Res.Limit'.

But they don't work correctly.
I appreciate any help in this matter.

Regards,

Matin 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sorry, no the limits are numeric only, no variables.

There is no API for pro grammatically controlling the map center and zoom level.

However, it might be possible to mimic the behavior one option could be turn off autozoom for all layer except for one bubble layer. The bubble layer would have two points lower-left and top-right. The location for the two points could start with the bounds of the current selection and then change dependent on a slider with a variable.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The max and min set the inner and outer limits for zooming. It can only be set through the properties. The variable works if it is evaluaeted at input for instance ='$(vMin)' turns into 2000

What I meant is that auto zoom means that the map always zooms to have current selection of the layer visible. So a point layer with points based on variables can control the zoom and the pan. It s a bit far fetched but might work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sorry, no the limits are numeric only, no variables.

There is no API for pro grammatically controlling the map center and zoom level.

However, it might be possible to mimic the behavior one option could be turn off autozoom for all layer except for one bubble layer. The bubble layer would have two points lower-left and top-right. The location for the two points could start with the bounds of the current selection and then change dependent on a slider with a variable.

Thanks,

Patric

Matsa
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Patric for the answer.But why did you said It should be number? ( Because It lets me put variable).

and it put the value of variable, Just I could not undrestand how it changes the resolution!

clipboard_image_0.png

and would you please  explain the second part of your comment more, I have not gotten the point.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Matin

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The max and min set the inner and outer limits for zooming. It can only be set through the properties. The variable works if it is evaluaeted at input for instance ='$(vMin)' turns into 2000

What I meant is that auto zoom means that the map always zooms to have current selection of the layer visible. So a point layer with points based on variables can control the zoom and the pan. It s a bit far fetched but might work.