Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Qlik SaaS Administrative Areas 2 for GB not all showing

Hi  GeoAnalytic Forum,

I'm just changing over to Qlik SaaS (QCS) and starting to use GeoOperations, however having pulled through all the GB AADM2 data using Load I don't seem to be able to get one of the areas to work (Derby).  I did the same thing in Qlik Sense Desktop and it pulled through all the correct areas and filled the map of UK with coloured polygons.  Any ideas on why this may be happening?  I know the UK have an unusual Administrative Area is organised weirdly,  especially as there are 343 local authorities, yet Qlik only shows 185

cjhansford_0-1605691017967.png

Is there any intention to include an AADM3 for UK at any stage in the roadmap or include NUTS Regions as AADM2 and the current AADM2 as AADM3?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Ok, sorry, now I understand. The problem is a that the borough 'Derbyshire' has an alternate name 'Derby' with high precedency. That resulted in location 'Derby,GB:AADM2' was rendered as the Derbyshire borough.

We will correct the error by updating the location db in a couple weeks. Meanwhile the workaround is to use the adm2 code instead of the name.

Thanks,
Patric

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Should work fine on SaaS, no difference compared to QSEoW. If using location names, set the scope for locations, specifying type (Adm 2) and country. Adm 2 for GB is the boroughs which are 185. We started adding adm3 to more countries, might happen for GB also.

gb_adm.png

GeoOperation to retrive the GB adm2:

gb:
Load * Extension GeoOperations.ScriptEval('
Select * from
Load() DATASOURCE uk LOCATIONSERVICE type="AADM2", country="GB"
');

Thanks,

Patric

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary
Author

Patric,

In our Tenant, this is what I get when using only the code you posted, which is similar to the code I used before. 

cjhansford_2-1605863808753.png

Derby as a polygon is still not showing

cjhansford_1-1605863731895.png

cjhansford_3-1605863907140.png

Happy to chat this through direct

the dot in the cente

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Ok, sorry, now I understand. The problem is a that the borough 'Derbyshire' has an alternate name 'Derby' with high precedency. That resulted in location 'Derby,GB:AADM2' was rendered as the Derbyshire borough.

We will correct the error by updating the location db in a couple weeks. Meanwhile the workaround is to use the adm2 code instead of the name.

Thanks,
Patric

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary
Author

Cheers Patric, that has solved the issue, have a great weekend

Chris