Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
St_Data19
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView GeoAnalytics error after upgrade

Hello all,

I keep getting the below error when trying to use the load function in QlikView GeoAnalytics. I am trying to lookup using the "Location Named Area". I have done a lot of troubleshooting, and have worked through a couple of other errors. We just recently upgraded to the April 2019 SR3 version of QlikView. I have noticed some differences in the way GeoAnalytics is installed in our new servers, such as seeing QVIdevioConnectorDesktop instead of just QVIdevioConnector. I've looked through Qlik Community already, but didn't come across anything. All I get is "QVX_SYNTAX_ERROR: Failed to create dataset: null. I've also checked the configuration file for the connector to make sure the license and server values are correct, but still nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is also my first time posting on Qlik Community, so apologies if this is posted in the wrong section. Thank you!

Geo.PNG

8 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Ok, that looks strange, I would reinstall the extensions and the connector just to be sure.

Are you using a on-premise GeoAnalytics or connecting to cloud?

Does a simple load of countries  work?

Thanks,

Patric

St_Data19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Patric,

I'm connecting to an on prem server. The weird thing is I tired loading by connecting to https://ga.qlikcloud.com , and it seemed to work. However, we have some other maps that are more complex and use dissolve, and they are not able to load through ga.qlikcloud due to size restrictions. I just tried to do a simple country load and that also failed. This is the February 2020 version, if that helps. 

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Ok, I would go though the on-prem QGA server and make sure all modules are running, the diagnostic pages look ok and there are no error messages in the logs.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Content/Qlik_GeoAnalytics/GeoAnalytics-Server/Installing-Ge...

Thanks,

Patric

St_Data19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Patric,

I checked the server logs and the connector logs. However, I did notice something. I am able to load and connect on our development server. I checked where the extensions were installed in Dev, and there seems to a folder called "QlikView Server". The path C:\Program Data\Qlik Tech\QlkView Server. This folder is missing in Production, and the extensions there are installed in C:\Program Data\Qlik Tech\QlkView. This is the only difference I seem to see between the two environments. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but it sounds like it may make a difference. Other than that, I tried connecting again and checked all the logs and still no luck in Production. 

Thanks,

Shubham

St_Data19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Patric,

This issue is now solved. Seems like there were some missing extensions when we compared the dev and prod admin consoles. However, now I have another error. Failed to create dataset: Too many location items. I increased the memory to 18 gb, but still the same error. We have the enterprise version, and this error never occurred before.  

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

If the indata table is large it's wise to split up the call. See example here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/Splitting-up-GeoAnalytics-connector-operat...

Thanks,

Patric

St_Data19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Patric,

Did something change between the 2018 and 2020 version? I've never had this error occur before in the old environment. Now it seems like I can only load 50,018 records regardless of increasing the memory. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything in terms of any changes that may have happened. 

Thanks,

Shubham

St_Data19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yea, I don't know what's going on. The reason I'm curious is because, we have the Enterprise version, and as far as I'm aware, we should be able to call an unlimited amount of records provided we have the memory to back it up. I came across a licensing document to support this, though it's dated 4/17, so I don't know if this still stands true today.  Maybe I misunderstood, and have it wrong. Either way, I can't spend more time troubleshooting this. I took Patric's advice, and split up the call. It looks to work, and the map loaded without any other errors. I'm just going to do this with our other maps, for now, as I still would like to know why this was working before. Thank you both for you help. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Shubham