Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III

The Connector Dialog can not be displayed

Hi

As part of the log4j remediation, we updated GeoAnalytics (Nov 2019 to Nov2021) and GeoAnalyticsPlus (Nov 2019 to Nov2021 +patch 3) this morning and have the issue below.

The testing of the connector comes back 'OK'.
But when the user is in Data Load Editor - Select Data button on the connector, he gets the attached error.

'Connector Issue: Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector
The connector dialog can not be displayed.'

We're running Qlik Sense Nov 2019 (we're in the process of an upgrade plan, but GeoAnalytics needed done first) multi node.  Central, Passive, 4x Engines, Dev, File and DB servers.

I removed and imported new Extensions.

I installed Geo Analytics first, licensed on each server

I installed GeoAnalytics Plus and Patch 3 (which covers the Log4j stuff in updating that)

I've copied the Central version of IdevioGeoAnalyticsConnector.exe.config across all nodes so the licence matches up, in case it was that.  But we get the same error.
I asked them to try and create a new GeoAnalyticsPlus connector.  It tests fine, but we get the same error when clicking the Select Data button.

Is it because one is Patched and the other isn't (there isn't one to bring it up to 5.31.3 from .0)?

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards
Stu 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

FWIW, i've fixed it. 

If anyone has any similar issues, I read this .  Not quite the same issue but closest i could find.

I copied the QVIdevioConnector folder to the Qlikshare\CustomData.  Then across the other Central and Rim nodes (despite them already being identical).
It seemed to start to work.  However we previously did not have a CustomData folder on the QlikShare so i'm not sure how it worked before, if that is the solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @stukennedy 

It looks like the Geoanlytics version is compatible with your Qlik Sense installation. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Content/Qlik_GeoAnalytics/GeoAnalytics-Sense/GeoAnalytics-S...

I was not sure if you mentioned above that you reinstalled the connector for this new version, does that sound correct? Could you verify what is the connector version ?

Thank you !

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @NadiaB 

Yes, that was one of my concerns, but like you say Geo Analytics IS compatible with QS June 20.

As I mentioned I installed Geo Analytics and GA Plus.

How do I check the connector version itself? I tried running the exe on the servers and it didn't open as it did on my laptop (without QS installed). 

Kind regards

Stu 

stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'll check each node this morning by adding & testing the connector on each.  The test box shows the version, i believe.

Apologies, i don't usually delve into this side of Qlik Sense.

Kind regards
Stu  

stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Using test connection within create a connector.  Each node seems to have the correct version and tests ok.

Version Nov-21 and Test connection works.

But same error if you click on the select data button.

99% certain i'm not missing a node.  Can't think of any other locations that something should be copied over or whatever.

Absolutely stumped and there's very little on this error on here.

stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

FWIW, i've fixed it. 

If anyone has any similar issues, I read this .  Not quite the same issue but closest i could find.

I copied the QVIdevioConnector folder to the Qlikshare\CustomData.  Then across the other Central and Rim nodes (despite them already being identical).
It seemed to start to work.  However we previously did not have a CustomData folder on the QlikShare so i'm not sure how it worked before, if that is the solution.