cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CourtneyHastings
Employee
Employee

Contra Costa Health Service Transforms Data into Actionable Insights

The COVID-19 pandemic plunged many government and healthcare organizations into a data-driven race against time. The need to effectively track infections, monitor PPE supply, distribute vaccines, and make fast and deliberate public health decisions placed many organizations in the challenging position of rapidly innovating their data integration efforts while facing immense public pressure. However, Contra Costa, a county in the San Francisco Bay Area with a population of 1.1 million people, provides a stunning example of a data-forward health department that already had a solid foundation of integrated data in place and was able to seamlessly support the large-scale demands of a sudden public health crisis. 

Read more.

1 Reply
loryman
Contributor
Contributor

I can't imagine how badly the pandemic hit the health care system. No one was prepared for that. How much more tragic things could have turned out if there had not been such a swift response. At least it wasn't like this everywhere. While doctors worked around the clock, ordinary citizens either rested or worked from home. This led me to wonder if medics or other medical representatives could also work from home. It turns out they could. And I even found ndis software that simplifies this task. I hope it really helps in so much hard work.