Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW

Add Qlik Sense App as a Data Source

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Add Qlik Sense App as a Data Source

Hi,

It would be great if i can access the app as a Data Source, using Data Connection like anothers sources as well.

Today, using APIs we can access all the apps and his objects, dimensions and measures using javascript or .net sdk... but can´t access it in the Qlik Script.

Qlik Script can copy the Data Model using Binary but don´t access the master items data or just the data of a table object created inside another app.  

If we could access the app data and objects using Qlik Script, it would reduce duplicated formulas, measures, dimensions and objects among the apps. it would also reduce the apps size cause the objects data can be used by the derived app, instead the full app data did by the Binary. We could combine two or more apps data inside a new app and create new visualization and formulas more easily.  

There is an extension called q2g Sense App wich do something like that but it is hard to install and doesn´t work very well. It was great if it was standard feature as a Qlik Data Connector.

Are the Qlik API´s widely open or not ?

Pedro

2 Comments
John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @pedrobergo,

Thanks for your feedback. This idea has previously been submitted and is currently in a "collecting feedback" status. Please show your support for that idea by liking/voting for it.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/Shared-master-library-between-apps/idi-p/1498195

Also, going forward, please use one, and only one, label when posting an idea. Refer to the submission guidelines for more details. 

Status changed to: Closed - Duplicate
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @John_Teichman 

Tks for your response. I´ll make some comment in that post to point my perspective.

Pedro