Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Add possibility to show / hide dimension in pivot

heij1421
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Add possibility to show / hide dimension in pivot

Attachments

In a pivot table I want my end users to have a lot of dimensions to group on and to use the power of Qlik to switch the order of the dimensions. 

But when you have 7 dimensions like the example in the attachment, you have to expand 7 levels deep. Some users want all 7 but other users only want to have 3.

Please add a simple possibility to 'hide' a dimension, maybe by right clicking on a dimension and select 'hide' (which will grey out this dimension). Then the end user can select for example only 3 dimensions in a certain order and hide the other 4. When expanding all you only see the 3 relevant dimensions. 

I now use separate buttons next to this pivot to conditionally show a dimension or not, but it should be more easy to use.

4 Comments
IsakBosman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Such a feature will also have a lot of value for our company.

1. Search buttons:
    1. If the option could be added to switch off these dimension/measure/search buttons (because the context of the data in the pivot will have meaning and will make total sense to the applicable users), it could potentially save a lot of vertical wasted real estate which will especially be useful for less scrolling when viewed on a mobile phone.
    2. Such an option will make this solution more ergonomic too.

IsakBosman_0-1595405240211.jpeg

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi, I believe this has already been requested a bit earlier by this post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Optional-fields-in-pivot/idi-p/1699738

So I will merge them. Please continue to show your support by adding likes and comments there. 

Meghann

Status changed to: Open - New
Meghann_MacDonald

Status changed to: Closed - Duplicate