Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Consistent Display of Dimension Values in Pie or Donut Chart Object

Myong
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Consistent Display of Dimension Values in Pie or Donut Chart Object

Attachments

As shown in the attached picture of Donut charts, dimension values show where proportions seem to be evenly divided, but they don't show where proportions seem to be unevenly divided for the same area.  The far right Donut chart was copied to create other Donut charts to the left with same properties with different rating expressions from 1 to 4.  Inner radius of Donut was changed to adjust thickness, but it had no effect on showing dimension values of rating at all.  If one Donut chart is showing dimension values of the same chart area, can other Donut chart in the same chart area show dimension values consistently?  The size is 4 cells across and 3 cells down in Narrow of the sheet property.  When the far-left Donut chart was expanded to an area of 7 cells across and 8 cells down, only 2 rating dimension values showed (yellow and red regions).

Another solution could be a property to either show or hide dimension values in the Donut/Pie chart object for consistent look and feel across sheets.

6 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi, can you offer more clarity for your feature idea? As far as I know you can show or hide dimension values in the chart, you can set a limit for # of dimensions and show/hide dimension and value labels. Please let me know further explanation.

Meghann

Myong
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Maghann.  I am attaching a document that clarifies things.  Let me know whether points are clear or not.

Dimension Values OffDimension Values OffDimension Value Display InconsistentDimension Value Display Inconsistent

Thanks,

Myong Kim

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Meghann_MacDonald 
Want to add one more point in what @Myong has suggested that, DONUT or PIE chart should have this pointer which highlights the minor sections as well.

Shubham_D_0-1604765972837.png

Regards,

Shubham

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived