Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Custom report object

Henri_Rufin
Luminary
Luminary

Custom report object

Custom reports are a very cool way for end users to set up a table (straight or pivot) the way they want by choosing dimensions and kpis they want to display. With straight and pivot tables only the developper can choose which dimension and kpis to display while the end users can only alter the general layout which isn't enough. What if the user wants to see customers, then Business Unit and Market or maybe Customer, country and market. What if the user wants to see sales and booking, then only sales and margin. These selection can not be made in standard objects. Some extension do exist on the market but it should be a standard feature. 

@Patric_Nordstrom provided a nice workaround setting up possible dimensions and kpis for the table within two separate fields for selection to make. This is nice but requires advanced scripting which can be tidius espacially with complex kpis... In addition set analysis in kpis using variables are no longer dynamic. 

Lots of my business users asks for custom reports. That the one thing they miss coming from older BI solutions like cognos to Qlik Sense

6 Comments
Henri_Rufin
Luminary
Luminary
I found a very good extension which does the job. I recommand anybody interested in this features to use this. Also it would be nice to include it in the extension bundle if possible :
https://developer.qlik.com/garden/5d372228ea3cf6001711dcef
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - In Development
PabloLabbeImaps
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @Ian_Crosland , can you disclose more information about how this feature will be delivered ?

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived