Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Generate a locale Main definitions for Data Manager use

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Generate a locale Main definitions for Data Manager use

Hi,

It was great if Qlik recognise the same language localisation of the SO or Browser and create a Main tab script with my locale statements.

Today, although the Qlik UI it´s automatically translated, the Main tab still using the local 'en-US', and I need to use Edit Script to change it. Definitions also still in english metrics, like ThousandSep and DecimalSep, MonthNames, Daynames, and all others, with cause negative visual effects.  

If I use the Data Manager to load data, it is an additional step and many times i´m forgive that and need to reload the data to present the correct information to me and audience.

Screenshot_1.png

Tks,

Pedro

5 Comments
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The preferred locale should be part of the user preferences. And when a user creates an app, the created script should of course be inherited from the user preferences.

This way, the document locale will "automatically" be the correct one.

It is on our radar, and we will get there 🙂

HIC

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

@pedrobergo I feel your pain, changing the local variable settings (M/D/YYYY to D/M/YYYY, $ to £ and en-US to en-GB) every time is time consuming and shouldn't be necessary.  I set up a Data Profile template app, which has the correct localisation setting in the Main section and a sheet to self populate when I add data for the first time.  However with potentially >5000 new en-GB users all doing the same it is an unnecessary procedure.

Regards, Stay safe

CHris